This website https://orangesquare.uk.com/ is owned and run by The Orange Square Company Limited (“Orange Square”, “the company” or “We”)
This policy (and any other documents referred to on it) set out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information, and how we will treat it. By continuing to use this website, https://orangesquare.uk.com/, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Who We Are
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is The Orange Square Company Limited of Peregrine House, 26-28 Paradise Road, Richmond, TW9 1SE, United Kingdom.
Information Covered by This Policy
This policy covers all personal information collected and used by The Orange Square Company. In this policy, “personal information” means information or pieces of information that could identify you. This includes information such as your name, address, or email address, but could also include information such as your IP address, or information about your preferences.
What Information Do We Collect From You?
We may collect information about you from different sources detailed below.
Information you give us:
You may choose to provide personal information to us, for example by filling in forms on our website or contributing on one of our social platforms, or contacting us by email, phone, live chat, or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you:
- Technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- Information about your visit, including products you viewed or searched for.
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (web beacons). These tell us whether the email has been opened. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email.
We also collect information using cookies to understand how you interact with our advertising content, to make sure we’re delivering this is the most relevant way. We do this on our sites and on third party sites. See our Cookies Policy below for more information.
If you are using one of our mobile apps, we may also collect information about the way you use our app.
Information we receive and collect from other sources:
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information…
To get in touch and provide you with services you have asked for. We may:
- Send you information about products and surveys that may be of interest to you (where you have consented to this), or offer you opportunities to participate in competitions or surveys;
- Provide you with products or services that you request from us, including carrying out any actions required from your request e.g. process an order that you make (including payment and delivery), or setting up an account with us;
- Reach you on social media, either directly or through tailored advertising content;
- Give you updates on any changes to our service;
- Keep an up to date suppression list where you have asked not to be contacted, so we do not inadvertently re-contact you;
To provide you with a tailored and relevant experience. We may:
- Deliver relevant advertising tailored to your preferences to you directly on our website or when you visit other websites or social media channels, and measure the effectiveness of that advertising;
- Combine information we receive and collect from all sources to understand your interests and preferences, and provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences e.g. by offering you products you are interested in first on our website, or sending you personalised offers or promotions by email (where you have agreed to receiving our emails), or offering you advertising content that is relevant to your interests;
- Offer you content that is relevant to your location e.g. invitations to events;
- Ensure our website, social media pages, and email content and is presented in the most efficient and effective manner for you, including remembering your preferences and interests.
To improve our site and content. We may:
- Administer, monitor, and improve our site, social media pages, and email content, including troubleshooting, analysis, testing of functions and different site design ideas;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Otherwise as required or permitted by law.
Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share your personal information within The Orange Square Company, and with any division within the company, which means our subsidiaries, and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information with trusted third parties. We rely on trusted third parties to perform a range of business operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service, and we require that they don’t use your information for any other purpose. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that all third parties we work with will keep your personal information secure. We may share your personal information with:
- Advertising, marketing, digital and social media agencies to help us to deliver advertising, marketing, and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness, and to manage your contact and questions;
- Third parties required to deliver a product to you e.g. postal/delivery services;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Orange Square Company or a part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers relating to those assets will be one of the transferred assets.
- In other circumstances if we have your consent or we are permitted to do so by law or court order.
We will not sell your personal information.
Transfer of your personal information
If your information is to be sent outside of the UK or EEA (European Economic Area), we make sure it will be subject to standards of protection and security that are as high as those used in the UK.
Is my Personal Information Secure?
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure, and take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure, and require that trusted third parties who handle your personal information for us do the same.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to Third Party Sites and Social Login
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use social login. If you chose to use social login, please be aware that the social platform will share your profile information with us. The information that is shared will depend on your social platform settings.
Social Media and User Generated Content
Some of our sites and apps allow users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to one of our social platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal information e.g. financial information or address details via these platforms. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal information on one of our social media platforms.
It’s important that you are able to control your personal data. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, ask us to update or delete your personal information, and not to be contacted by us if you do not wish to be. If you have an account with us, you can sign in to that account to update your personal information. We won’t contact you for marketing purposes unless you agree, and you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
If you want to control which cookies are used, please see our Cookies Policy below.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
The Orange Square Company
26-28 Paradise Road
All the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
If you are shortlisted, or if we make a final offer, we will ask you to provide us with additional personal information, in which case we will inform you of the applicable retention periods and policy regarding disclosure.
What are they?
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your device so that the website can remember who you are. Please note that the cookie will not identify you personally, only the browser that is installed on your computer, tablet or mobile that you use for the visit.
Do I want to stop them?
If you have accepted the installation of a certain category of cookies in the initial settings screen and later want to oppose their installation or maintenance, you may delete the cookies that have already been installed using the browser settings and once again configure those cookies that you wish to allow to be installed.
If you wish to restrict or block all the cookies which are set by our website (which as we say may prevent you from using certain parts of the site), or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The help function within your browser should tell you how. For more information go to www.aboutcookies.org.
Which cookies are being used on this site?
We use four types of cookies on this site – those that are strictly necessary for the website to function, functionality cookies, performance and analytics cookies, and targeted/advertising cookies.
Strictly Necessary cookies: These are cookies that may be required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, or for a shopping cart function. These cookies cannot be switched off.
Functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance and simplify your user experience. For example, they may record information about previous choices you have made, remember your password, or allow video or social media content to be properly viewed on the website.
Analytics and Performance cookies: These are used for internal purposes to help us provide you with an improved user experience e.g. to assess the performance of a website, or to test different design ideas for the website. We often work with third party research companies to perform these services for us, so these cookies may be set by a third party.
Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies may be used to deliver relevant and tailored content (including advertising content) to you, and also to evaluate the effectiveness of that content. Content may be delivered on our website, or on a third party website. We often work with third parties to deliver this content, so some of these cookies may be set by a third party. You can opt out of them by not accepting cookies when asked. Note however by opting out of these cookies you do not opt out of receiving advertising content altogether; you will instead receive general content that does not take into account your interests and preferences.