Marketing Co-ordinator (Creed)
To assist in the development of the brand image and drive profitability of the Creed brand within the
Orange Square Company for the UK and Eire territory.
Working together with the Global team (Fontaine) and the UK sales and marketing team to help
develop strategic opportunities to grow the brands and build brand image to identified consumer
groups. Ultimately helping to drive strategic customer acquisition and retention.
Support and develop the marketing plan alongside the Creed brand teams, help implement the
relevant marketing activities including omnichannel marketing, trade marketing, online retailer
activity, Ecommerce, PR, CRM, sales tools, social media & visual merchandising.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Strategy and Planning
• Support the development of the Marketing Calendar, keeping the calendar up to date in line
with monthly focus changes.
• Assist the development & implementation of in-store activations and events in accordance
with the Marketing Calendar and in line with designated budgets.
• Ensure all visual assets are sent to internal and external teams in a timely manner so
products go live in store and online at time of launch.
• Work closely with both the Brand team & Retail Training Manager to support training
• Support the sales department with requests relating to new launches, promotional activity,
and existing brand activity for Creed, leading the creation of ready to retail packs and
monthly NSV allocations per store.
Communication B2C / B2B
• Work closely with the Brand team and PR agency to maximise opportunities for brand
exposure and build relationships with key store group marketing teams.
• Assist with the organisation of press launches and activities, being the lead contact for
logistics and communication between teams.
• Attend events as needed to assist with set-up, pack-down and working throughout the
• Manage press product send outs & ad-hoc requests
• Provide the Area Sales Managers and Sales Consultants with all appropriate marketing
• Work with the Training team to align all new launch activity calendar plans and content.
• Generate PO and support with the invoicing procedure for Creed Marketing and VM activity.
• Work together with the Brand Manager to develop an understanding of both budgets and
• Ensure regular store visits to develop competitor intelligence, keeping abreast with all market
developments. Create and communicate monthly competitor reviews including pricing and
Ecommerce / creedfragrances.co.uk / social channels
• Support the E-commerce & CRM Executive with all e-retail requests, ensuring all assets
shared are brand approved and in line with our marketing calendar
• Assist with requests from the Digital Marketing Team, ensuring the team are kept up to date
on marketing activity leading traffic to cf.co.uk
• Work closely with our Social Media management Agency to ensure our social channels are
kept up to date with our current focuses, using only brand approved content. Generating
new ideas of how to engage our following on our social media channels, keeping abreast of
current trends and new features.
• Leading the briefing process of our instore VM monthly focus update, and thereafter
supporting the implementation of this update ensuring all stores are delivered on time, to
budget and with full sign off from brand owners and relevant retailers.
• Support the VM Manager in the creation and maintenance of VM planograms, ensuring any
new stores, ranging updates or store closures are reflected in each store pack.
• Ensure timely orders are placed for all NSV and merchandising stock ahead of new store
openings. Assist with the merchandising of new stores as and when required.
• Assist brand team in all temporary/promotional site designs and implementation.
• Manage all brand assets and ensure these are shared in a timely manner to 3rd parties;
retail marketing and digital team as well as internal marketing, training, operations and VM
• Support the retailers (Harrods, Selfridges, John Lewis etc.) with brand specific requests
• Preparation and support for and during major meetings/conferences (Retailer Strategy
Meetings Trainings and Sales Conference)
• Manage the stock cupboard and account for the stock when required
PERSON SPECIFICATION & KEY COMPETENCIES
- Marketing Degree or equivalent with at least one year’s experience within a Marketing
function, ideally within prestige retail
- Basic design skills ideally able to use Photoshop
- Dependable, disciplined, self-driven, enterprising, and efficient and be able to work
- a strong commercial mindset.
- The ability to adapt and take on additional or unexpected work and responsibility which may
on occasion sit out with usual role.
- Be able to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Understand the importance of discretion and privacy.
- Ability to build strong working relationship with colleagues across business (also with
external partners) and collaborate to achieve goals.
- Excellent English written and oral communication, along with strong organization skills.
- Proficient with the use of computers and software such as MS Office Suite.
- Previous experience of Adobe
- French language is a benefit yet not essential