This role provides the day-to-day financial operations of Orange Square reporting to the Finance Manager/Group Financial Accountant (FM). The role is responsible for producing up to date, accurate figures, legal reporting and compliancy. To ensure the smooth running of the systems and processes including Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable and ensuring the company debt is tightly controlled. Support/collaborate with the Senior FP&A/Commercial Manager in the analysis of monthly and quarterly figures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the FM on the Financial Operations of the company in line with business and legal requirements as directed by the FM.
- Review the continuous improvement of end-to end accounting practices and make recommendations to the FM to enhance the practices.
- Input and review Purchase Ledger and General Ledger postings and ensure accurate/up to date.
- Ensure stock invoices are input and managed correctly in Sage.
- Review and analyse amounts due to be paid to Stock suppliers and update FM on any concerns/highlights.
- Prepare and conduct the supplier payment runs, reconciling to the supplier account. Ensure all creditors are paid on timely basis.
- Track Web sales and update Web bank account.
- Regular liaison with indirect reports on Sales Ledger queries and ensure these are resolved promptly.
- Ensure the correct settlement discounts are administered.
- Ensure daily bank accounts reconciliations on all UK and foreign bank accounts.
- Ensure the contra accounts within the Customer & Supplier Ledgers are tightly managed and tidy, maintaining an active liaison with customers and suppliers.
- Conduct the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations to include all capital expenditures with relevant CAPEX depreciation included.
- Prepare revenue reconciliation together with VAT analysis for quarterly VAT return.
- Prepare other HMRC returns including Intrastat, ECSL Returns for FM review and GFD approval and submission.
- Support the GFD with UK & Ireland payroll.
- Work with MAs in the preparation and posting of monthly prepayments, accruals and depreciation journals.
- Conduct month end processes as required by FM.
- Collaborate/support the Senior FP&A/Commercial Manager and MAs in monthly reporting and reconciliations and cashflow forecasts.
- Liaise with all stakeholders as required to resolve any queries.
- Support indirect reports and ensure guidance as required. Provide feedback to the FM on the team.
- Draft monthly submission to Office of National Statistics for FM review and send.
- Support the FM on the proactive and accurate preparation of Y/E schedules for audit. Work with the auditors to ensure smooth completion of the audit and timely submission of the final accounts.
- Sundry other duties as requested by FM or GFD.
- Candidates must be at the final stage or newly qualified ACA or ACCA – ideally first time passes.
- The ability to use an accounting package, eg Sage or Microsoft Dynamics
- Excellent numeracy and attention to detail
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Be committed to working methodically using strong problem-solving skills whilst still achieving tight deadlines
- Experience of developing budgets and longer-term forecasts
- Be able to discuss where they have been able suggest systems/process efficiencies
- Experience of audit preparation requirements
- Have exposure to budgeting and working with financial procedures
- Experience of handling confidential information and maintaining its security
- Experience of banking procedures and cash handling
- Awareness of Accounting standards
- Awareness of HMRC legislation required
- Awareness of VAT, partial exemption schemes and intrastat returns
- Awareness of Payroll
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated whilst still being able to work as part of a team